Biel needs have directly inspired the development of the velospot system. The result is a bike sharing system (VLS) or tailored bike sharing system, according to the framework conditions for the Swiss cities: the tightness of the public domain, the high aesthetic requirements for street furniture, and a well-developed public parking spaces for motorbikes.
Compared to other VLS systems velospot has various advantages:
- Bike' stations uses modestly the public domain space, both visually and physically. So that, the public domain is not altered by the new compact urban furniture.
- bike' stations can be set up or moved in a very short time;
- one can unlock a bike using a RFID card. A central server automatically and continuously monitors the system;
- infrastructure costs are very low;
- given the very low costs and simple infrastructure, it is possible to produce a dense network of stations of bike. It's the basic prerequisite for a wide use of the bike offer.
velospot is developed in a way that it can be replicated in other cities and villages as reliable turnkey system. Contact us to visit and to test the system. We gladly welcome you in Biel.
Interested? Contact us.